Floating Tile Floor
Floating Porcelain Tile System
Floating floors are composed of a structure raised from the substrate under which the electrical, telephone, alarm cables as well as pipes, usually present in offices, shops and work environments, can be easily placed and disguised. For this reason, floating floors are mainly used in new building works and/or in renovation projects requiring maximum flexibility and easy inspection of the cabling and pipe work.
Floating floor tile
Thanks to the adjustable supports and metallic cross-beams that form the raised structure, the panels of the floating floors are set against the structure itself, without the need of adhesives or expensive building works, therefore ensuring:
- Easy ground inspection
- Easy maintenance of ground pipes and cables
- Acoustic and thermal insulation via the airspace between substrate and floating floor
- Maximum freedom of renovation of the environment, as they are free from pipes and raceways
Floating floor panels
The panels of floating floors are a combination of different materials:
- Porcelain stoneware tiles as surface covering. Refin supplies high resistance porcelain tiles, easy to clean and available in various sizes (usually 60×60), colours and surface finishes. .
- The central part of the slab, made of high density materials, usually compressed wood or calcium sulphate.
- Lateral edge and inferior finish.
Floating floors created using Ceramiche Refin porcelain stoneware tiles are the perfect solution for those looking for highly resistant, easy to clean floors combined with Italian elegance and design.
How to install floating floor
- Place the tile on top of the supports laid out earlier.
- Check the surface is level.